Search This Blog

Thursday 31 December 2020

Tealight holder

Hello everyone,

Thousands of lights can be lit from a single candle.. And happiness doesn't decrease by sharing.. Isn't it?



I created this tealight holder using the altenew quilting circle die and altenew perfectly perfect stamp as an advent to the new year 2021 with a ray of hope. 

I created this using 4 panels measuring 4.25x 5.5 inches each of moss green cardstock of 300gsm by running through die cutting machine. 

I then diecut circle from the centre from the second largest circle of the lawn fawn stitched circle dies. I then pasted the vellum paper of the measurement 4.25x5.5 inch

To stick these panels I made 4 strips measuring 1x5.5 inches scored at 0.5 inch along the 1 inch. This acted as the buffer to paste the 4 panels. 

I created the top using the gold cardstock measuring 4.25x 4.25 inches and pasted. 

Using the stackable scalloped circle dies, I created 4 circles to embellish the circles. 

In the end, I watercolored the altenew perfectly perfect florals and leaves in orange and green respectively and adhered at the corners using the 3D foam tape and liquid adhesive respectively. 

This can be used to keep on the table or can be hung, thus a little notch with a ribbon has been created. I've added a battery operated tealight candle to it. Although fairy lights can also be added.. 

One more picture from an angle


I hope you liked this dimensional art project perfect to light up any corner of the house. 

Playing along 

Altenew Home Decor Contest

I love math challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment