Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Let's have a coffee break

Hello everyone,

This is my first every entry for the MFT Super Star 2020. So I started card making last year but then I was such a novice to even think of participating. This year, with all the courage and arsenal of distress inks, card stock, brushes I decided to fight my fear through this challenge.

The guidelines of the Coloring Virtuoso category accepts all the coloring mediums, so I decided to play along with my distress inks and Daniel Smith watercolors. I am like those singers who try to hit the highest note in America's Got Talent which they've never performed.

Everything around here in Seattle, is badly hit by the smoke which eventually shall resume to normal. So I thought why not to create something that makes me happy (the way this city was a week back). I then created an accordion box card with layers, each layer depicting something significant; which I shall explain subsequently.

                                    

The card measures 5.5 x 4.25 inches. I  stamped all my images using the MFT extra black hybrid ink on Canson watercolor paper and let them dry. I then watercolored all my images using the Daniel Smith watercolors and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. After the images were pigmented to my satisfaction, I fussy cut them. And added highlights using the uniball white gel pen.

Stamps Used are :-

(a) BB Friends at First Sip

(b) Stacey Yacula Studio Street

(c) StaceyYacula Studio Mountains

Creating layers

I die cut four rectangles from the Kraft Cardstock using the MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle  of the size 4.25 x 5.5 inches to create frames. Starting from the inner most layer, I pasted the Colored Mountains Background stamped and colored panel (4.25x 5.5 inch) -- This is iconic Mt Rainier of Seattle, and visible from everywhere. Under the mountains is Pudget Sound, colored in blue.

The next layer has a street of colored houses in Seattle which are little old but covered with greenery, pasted on the kraft frame

Third layer is the demonstration of the star bucks coffee, world first Starbucks with its coffee to gos stamped from the BB Friends at First Sip stamp set. -- First Starbucks of the world was opened in Seattle and who does not like to kick start the day to the aroma of the freshly brewed Cafe Mocha.

And outer frame and the last year has the little girl with her pup enjoying her coffee 😊 Did you notice the clouds covering sun. Doesn't that remind you of the Seattle weather 😉; The sun was die cut in yellow card stock using the elements of MFT Stitched Circle Stax Dienamics. the clouds were die cut in white cardstock and vellum paper MFT In the clouds Dienamics to depict foggy skies.

 

Assembling the layers

I created the bellows by cutting two pieces of the Kraft cardstock measuring 4.25 x 3 inches, and created bellows by scoring in zig zag keeping the width of each zig 0.5 inch. At each valley of the bellow added the kraft frames.

Finally i stamped the Sentiments let's have a coffee break using the versamark clear embossing ink and  heat setting with white embossing powder. I then pasted it in between the plants and the little pup. 

Images


                       


I hope you like the water colored card.



No comments:

Post a Comment