Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Cardogram

 

Hi everyone! This is my first time entering  for the 2020 Card Design Superstar Challenge at My Favorite Things! So, this is the Annual Card Making Challenge of everyone is talking about. It is always exciting about MFT Sketch and Coloring Challenges. But seeing this category I was overwhelmed and nervous. I decided to try something that I had never seen anywhere. I'm entering this interactive little card with a few paper engineering techniques for this Innovation Master category.



Little Inspiration. The first interactive interactive paper products I was introduced to were the pop up books, where the snow white and the seven dwarfs would pop up along with the story. 

Idea  I wanted to make a little scene for the interactive card. Mommy koala is celebrating little koala's birthday with all friends invited. And most importantly they have a mice band to celebrate the occasion. 

Executing the Idea. I started with the stamping my MFT critters on the 110 lb Neenah Solar White using the MFT Extreme Black hybrid Ink from the stamp sets :-

(a)  SY Sending Sweet Celebration Wishes 

(b) Sweet Spring Friends

(c) SY It's Mice time to celebrate

(d) BB Strike up the Band

(f)  BB Fall Friends

 and copic colored the images.



To make the background of the scene to appear that the little critters have found the right spot to party,  I used the backgrounds stamp by Stacey Yacula Studios Perfect Spot  which is stamped on 6.25 x 4.25 inch cardstock. The two extending panels were cut from the same cardstock measuring 4.25x 4.25 inches. The scene was extended by hand drawing the landscape and adding continuity of the perfect spot. 

Coloring the Background

I started with smooshing some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink by adding water and colored the blue skies, added some Broken China Distress Ink to add depth.  With the same technique I colored the grass using the Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and painted the tree using the Seedless Preserve  and Picked raspberry Distress Inks. 







No comments:

Post a Comment