Search This Blog

Saturday 15 August 2020

Beautiful

 Hello everyone,

The day 4 lesson in the mft summer school was the ombre technique. So much heard and seen about it but I had no really great ideas about it.

I love Ink blending and playing with different shades. So I decided to play with it with my MFT roses all over background stamp.

I stamped the roses using the versamark clear embossing ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I then cut the panel in three to give it a little dimension. 

I then ink blended using the distress inks in festive berries, picked raspberries and spun sugar such that the darkest shade is at the bottom and the lightest on the top. 

I die cut the beautiful sentiment and it's shadow from the purple cardstock and vellum paper respectively using the mft dienamics. 

I adhered all three heat embossed panels on the 300 GSM side folding cardstock and then pasted the beautiful sentiments. 

Tadaa and the card is ready. 

The flower challenge

Shopping our stash #426 KISS

Uniko #60

5 comments:

  1. Wow I had to come comment again, this is just so so beautiful. Love the design and the colour softening as it goes up. The gold embossing, you have nailed it with this card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a superb job with your ombre lesson, Dhruvika! The bold colors are spectacular! I'm happy to meet you and follow you, and I enjoyed scrolling through your blog to see your other beautiful creations! Keep well and thank you for adding schparkle to The Flower Challenge! I'd love to have you visit and follow me, too, if you like! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card here, I love the faded background and the gold on the red too, so striking. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooooh how i loooooove this! that ombre is fabulous! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (kiss/cas!) STASH with us once more this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Such a bright and cheerful card. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete