Search This Blog

Sunday 21 June 2020

Be kind, be you!!

Hello everyone, 

I have been quite away from cards from a few days. I have no idea why!! But yes getting back to crafting and creating for self is so relieving and rejuvenating..

Coincidentally I wanted to create an appreciation card for a lady who has been active involved in arranging donations for the poor.. What better way could be to create a card to acknowledge her kindness.. 

I came across the lovely altenew inspiration challenge for the month of June. The picture by Jaycee is so captivating with the brass singing bowl, incense stick and the teal stone.. Thats so oriental and eastern..

I picked up my new altenew cover die and my favorite old magnolias for her stampset. I die cut the brass colored cardstock to create the background. And then stamped the magnolias on the water paper color. I then used water colors and did some basic mixing of blue, violet and green to get the teal I was looking for. And then colored. I wanted to keep the magnolias bright and control the shading with the same tone.

So here's my card




I hope you like it :)







2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful elegant card you have created, using the navy blue for the flower and Copper for the background. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete