Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Super star DAD

Hello everyone,

A very happy new year to all of you.. January is the month of making resolutions, every day. Be resolution.. I do that.. 😅😅

This month also happens to be my dad's birthday month. What better gift can be than a handmade card.. So I decided to make a masculine card for dad.

I used the simon says stamp star parade die, and stacked it with seven layers. Added glitters on the stars but not too much.. The stars that came out from the negative space were then stenciled using the Chevron stencil using the spun sugar and tumbled glass distress ink.

I also used my MFT thin alphabets to cut out D's and A's to form the DAD by stacking them. I wanted to keep it simple with no stamping..

The thin die cuts looked like this..
It was the time to now assemble them all with the elements and the difficult time was the background cardstock. I tried a number of them till I liked this, kraft cardstock and pasted on the white card base..

Tadaaa...



I hope you liked it.. 😊😊
With this I'm also guest designing at male room challenge.. Here Please head on the link and play the challenge for anything masculine goes..


Happy crafting 🙂🙂

Happy Little Stampers

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your GDT at The Male Room, so good to have you. Your card is wonderful I love the stars and I'm sure you Dad will too.
    Faith DT TMR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Faith for your kind words.. They're really motivate me to create more and more cards... 😊 😊 😊 Yes my Dad loved this card..😍 😍

      Delete
  2. So wonderful to have you guesting with us! I love your card, I was sure that your dad loved it.
    Maja DT TMR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maya.. The honor is all mine.. I really loved making the card.. Yes he did.. He's really happy receving it.. ❤️ ❤️

      Delete
  3. Your choice of kraft card for the background is perfect for your soft die cuts! I love the effect kraft gives the images and colours around it! Your card reminds me how much I love that string of stars die. I must dig is out again! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete