Search This Blog

Monday 1 March 2021

Thanks a Bunch!!

 Hello there crafting friends!!



I have a very important and a significant information to share with you all. On 26 Feb 21, as a part of the nation's front line defence warriors , I have been vaccinated by the Covishield vaccine against Covid-19 indigenised by Serum Institute of India (SII). And do you know it has been included in the WHO's world covaccine program and has been exported to various other countries of the world.

It is a heavy dose for sure, I was under the influence of side effects for about 48 hours and gradually improving. But I think it is worth the shot!! And thats why this floral thank you card goes out to the medics of my Base who vaccinated me.. It is a herculean task for them , no less than 250 shots a day..

So, let's have a closer look at the card



So I started with stamping the multiple flowers from the Hero Florals Arum Lily Stampset on the watercolor paper using the Hero Arts Black Ink. I then colored them with the tropical colors as the spring is starting to set in. I then fussy cut them.

For the card base, I trimmed the Hero Hues Premium Cardstock Palm to 4.25x 11 inch and scored it half along the 11 inch side to make it a side folding card note. I started to build up the background on it by trimming in half the Hero Hues Sand Top Folded Card from the folded end and ran through my die cut machine for added interest on the edges. I then created a hole by using the Hero Arts Nesting Circle Infinity Dies (#2) circle for an illusion that the Arum Lilies are growing through the whole. Once the die cutting was done, I passed it through the embossing folder from my stash however using Hero Arts Woodgrain Texture Fancy Die would give the same effect. 

I then adhered all my pre-fussy cut Arum Lilies all flowing towards the top left corner representing hope and life, like the natural flowers tend to grow in the direction of sunlight. This is very close to my heart as every vaccination is a life saved. So I wanted to represent the same. I adhered all the flowers using the 3D foam tape for dimension. To complete the card, I stamped the sentiments Thanks a Bunch from the Hero Florals Nasturtium Stamp Set on the Hero Arts Classic Vellum Layering Paper using Hero Arts  Lemon Yellow Mid Tone Shadow Ink and heat set with Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder.

I hope you are inspired by my Arum Lilies. Now it is your chance to create and win Hero Arts gift card for our Monthly Challenge - Florals. Happy Crafting !!!


Loads of Love









No comments:

Post a Comment