Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Merry Christmas at TO Challenge

Hello everyone,

Almost a month left for the most awaited time of year.. Christmas.. And my first Christmas card for the season begins with the Time Out Challenge and the inspiration was this πŸ‘‡

I love the way the template for the challenge is given at the Time Out.. Too innovative..

I had to play this challenge as it really tickles the brain cells.. So I was intrigued by the amazing layering in the image.. The white, gray, plaid, greens and white on red..

Since I didn't have neither the stamp nor the stencil for the plaid, I tried giving it a shot by the hand made plaid pattern with a few image tutorials on the Internet. With red background hand painted with the black broad lines drawn and finally used green and silver lines to complete the plaid look plaid.. Since those fluffy cushions are the main attraction of the image.

Die cut the greens and heat embossed my Merry Christmas sentiments.. I decided to keep the sentiments simple as there is already so much going on in the background.. To break the continuity of the red I used the die cut leaves to make them into the holly as in the image..



I hope you like it.. Wishing all of you happy preparations for the Merry Christmas.. Spread love and kindness πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„

5 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job creating that plaid background, and I love all of the other elements you used.I especially love the color of the greenery and how it pops against the background. A wonderful take on the inspiration photo. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much.. I'm so glad that you liked it.. I just made it to the challenge.. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plaid background against the wreath!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much acknowledging the efforts..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on creating the plaid!!
    Super card!

    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    DT for AG with Dies
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete